Sunday, 27 May 2012

Motorcycles in Jersey 1880 - 1906

I've been researching my Channel Island roots recently and my research led me to the Photographic Archives of the Societe Jersiaise . A distant relative of mine who still lives on the Island informed me that there were some old glass plates of of my ancestors and their family and that I should take a look. Knowing that I have an equally industrious fascination with old motorcycles she also suggested that I look up a collection of plates belonging to two photographers named Francis George de Faye and Albert Smith.... wow! we're talking superb quality images of Jerseymen with their motorcycles from the period 1880-1906. here's a few of my favourites for you to enjoy.












No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Whitehaven, Cumbria, United Kingdom
Disenchanted City Boy who rode out of the fast lane and into the back lanes! Life on Two Wheels is so much fun.